Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 16 - Take my points, please

I wound up with 2 extra points Tuesday at the end of the night, after snacking my way thru the afternoon. 

I forgot to bring yogurt to work, so no breakfast other than my coffee with cream.

Lunch was Healthy Request soup and a salad with the only points being balsamic vinaigrette and two little spheres of mozzarella.

So I got home with 19 points to burn and ate a single serving of a WW recipe I had made earlier in the week (Vietnamese Flank Steak with rice).  12 points left.

I'm starving after dinner so I have some cheese and crackers.  7 points left.

Popcorn with Mark, and a sugar-free pudding snack.  2 points left.

That felt great when I added in my little snacks and had points left.  Amazing what eating really well throughout the day can do.  Although if I would have had my yogurt, I wouldn't have had the popcorn, but I also may not have been so hungry for dinner if I would have eaten more consistently.  I've never been a breakfast person, but my morning yogurt has really seemed to help keep me from starving at lunchtime and wanting to go directly to Chik-fil-A and order the entire menu.

And the Yoplait Lights have some ridiculously awesome flavors.  Cinnamon Roll and White Chocolate Strawberry are totally my favorite so far.  Although Mark ate the Raspberry Cheesecake flavor yesterday and said that was awesome, so I still will need to try that.  Seriously, why did I hate yogurt for 36 years?

Now its early Wednesday and I am hungry, but trying to figure out if I eat now, or just have coffee and eat my yogurt at work to help get me thru the morning. Ah, this is definitely a case of white people problems. (Confused? - watch the Charles Barkley episode of SNL from a couple weeks ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment