Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 20 - Burritos better than Chipotle

That's right, I said it.  I actually like a Fast/Casual Mexican place MORE than Chipotle.  Qdoba.  How I love you, Qdoba.  And the one we go to has Kids Eat Free on weekends.  James loves a Quesadilla as much as I love a burrito, so everyone wins.

Saturday, January 21 - after James and I went to the Gym for his class Saturday morning, we picked up Daddy and Bobby from home and ran some errands down in Woodbridge, which just happens to be down the street from Qdoba.  I tried the "Craft 2" for the first time - which you get to pick 2 menu items as a combo (each a mini version).  Tortilla soup and a mini naked burrito.  Heavenly.  So flipping good.  And just 9 points.  I had 3 points worth of chips and guac too, for a grand total of 12 points and I was good and full.  Fabulous.

We decided to have Make Your Own Pizza night for dinner, since ordering pizza would be an obscene amount of points.  I made mini pizzas for myself on wheat pitas with tomatoes, fresh basil and green peppers - tossed in a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Sprinkle that on the pitas, bake then add a tiny bit of mozzarella, bake a couple more minutes until melted.  Fabulous.  I love balsamic vinegar, this was so perfect for me.  2 whole pita pizzas were 15 points total, so a little high, but I had cheaty points to apply still, and only used a few.  And again, totally full afterward.

Another fabulous, happy day of food.  Didn't think I'd be saying during my diet.  "Starving and want to eat everything in site" is more where I thought I would be right now.  So happy there is good WW recipes, and some of my favorite places offer such good options.

If you are looking for a good fast/casual place on WW, and there is one near you - go to Qdoba.  Their website has an awesome nutritional calculator that lets you build your meal, and see exactly how much calories, fat, carbs, etc. there is as you add each topping or item.  So easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment