Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 19 - Cheating, but not really

I'm catching up on a few days of blogging because my computer was otherwise dedicated to being backed up to our new online service and our new external hard drive.  I missed you, laptop.  So this is about Friday, January 20.

Lunch was at Noodles and Co and I had the Bangkok Curry with Shrimp - and it was fabulous that it is low enough in points that I could get the large.  It is so so so yummy, I'm now addicted.  Rice noodles, and coconut cream sauce with curry, veggies, shrimp and top with some hot sauce, and life is good.  Plus it was a nice lunch away from the office with work friends, and was entertaining as always.  I did spend a few minutes drooling over the cookie that one of my friends got...a few weeks ago I would have gotten a cookie, or worse yet one of those giant Rice Krispie treats and chowed down on the whole thing.  Its a stupid amount of points as I have learned, so I've given that up entirely until I get to a maintenance phase.

Dinner was a fun treat - James was in a good mood when we picked the boys up from daycare so we went out to eat to Boardwalk Burgers and Fries.  Surprisingly, a burger is 'only' 10 points when there is no cheese or anything by veggies and mustard on it.  Really not that bad.  But I binged a little on fries, which were 7 more points.  So I was over for the day, but only went 5 or so points into my flex points for all that. I'll take it.  Like I've said before, my flex points are saved for cheating on weekends.

And with the flex points, its nice to 'cheat' on a regular diet with this special allowance of cheaty points.  I love my cheaty points.  But my goal is also to use them as little as possible.  The last time I did WW, I stayed away from flex points except for special occasions and going out for Happy Hour.  With the little ones, Happy Hour is rare, so now they are for the occasional take-out, dining out or other special occasion.

I love cheaty points, but I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I don't need them at the end of a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment