Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 8 - First weigh in!

This morning was my first official weigh-in of Weightwatchers.  I weight 190 lbs.  That's 8 pounds, bitches!  That's Biggest Loser kind of crazy!  OK, so I'll probably only drop 1 lb a week if I am lucky from here on out because my body will adjust to the new way of eating....but still - 8 pounds, bitches!

I also began P90 workout program today.  A 28 minute circuit training - quite doable with the adjustments that you can make, and I can see continuing to do this for a long time and being able to make it challenging with the ability to tweak the resistance of the band and increasing reps.  So this seem very promising too.  Tomorrow is a cardio workout, and will be the first time I've really pushed my ankle since smashing it into several small and very sad pieces.  Shall be interesting to see how that goes.

I am betting I will be sore tomorrow, but the point today was to get a good workout without pushing so hard that I will be too sore to workout again. Definitely think I accomplished that.

Totally flying high still on the 8 pounds.  Did I mention I lost 8 pounds?

8 pounds.

Bitches.

2 comments:

  1. Glad I use language appropriate for my Lewis chicks! I almost called it The Quest to Lose the F*&^ing Muffin Top, but thought that might be a bit over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Peggy...not sure what I did when I set up my account... Anyway - Something to help the soreness...at Whole Foods in the vitamin section they have this stuff called Ultima Replenisher. It's a powder you add to a little bit of water to replenish electrolytes without having to drink a 5,000 calorie gatorade. If you stir as you pour in the powder it dissolves pretty well. Anyway, drinking a little bit after a workout fights the dehydration and it's only 15 calories.

    ReplyDelete